EGST’s Library started its service in 1997 with a few donated books. Currently, the total holdings are about 10, 400 books, and a few printed and online journals. Primarily, it serves the school’s students, faculty, staff and alumni and it is also open for other theological and non-theological students that want to use the library collection.
The Library strives to meet the expectation of its users. Currently, 3 qualified professionals run the library supported by student library assistants.
Mission of the Library
The mission of EGST Library is to support the School in its work of educating women and men for service as leaders in churches and society. It also serves as a source of materials on theology, leadership, management and development studies for the entire users and for other schools in the country.
Monday to Thursday 8:30 am – 8:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday 8:30 am – 8:00 pm
Semester Breaks 8:30 am – 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm (closed on Saturdays)
Sunday and public holidays: Closed
Books reserved for class use are kept behind the library desk. They are primarily for use in the library for two hours. On leaving the library, all users will be subject to inspection of all items taken out of the library.
- Patrons should show their identification card when they borrow books.
- Patrons should notify the circulation desk of any change of contact information without delay.
- No book should be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the library staff. Any removal of books without following the procedure will be treated as theft.
- Each borrower must examine the condition of the books before they are issued, as borrowers will be liable for any damage.
- Borrowers can place items, which have been checked out by another person, on hold.
- Users must pay for any lost books. The cost will be the cost of replacement plus shipping.
- In cases in which the price of lost books is not ascertained, the student should pay as compensation an amount fixed by the Library Advisory Committee.
- Any item on loan may be recalled by the librarian if it is required urgently for any reason.
- A borrower against whom any fee or charge is outstanding shall not be allowed to borrow books from the library, nor be allowed to graduate
- New books are not allowed to be taken from the librarian’s office before they are processed.
- New books will be displayed for one week after processing. Books may not be borrowed from the new book display.
- All library users must behave in a quiet and respectful way that does not disturb other users and must respond to requests from the librarian for silence.
- Any failure to keep these rules will be reported by the Librarian to the Director and a decision will be made as to the penalty to be applied – this may be a temporary or permanent exclusion from the use of library facilities. Repeated offences will be treated more seriously. Any attempt to enter the library during a penalty exclusion may result in the Director’s decision to suspend that person from the School.
- A fine of 1 Birr per day will be charged for overdue books.
- A fine of 2 Birr per day will be charged for recalled books.
- A fine of 3 Birr per day will be charged for reserved books.
- Sundays and Public holidays are counted.
- Students with overdue books will not receive a final mark for a course, nor will they be allowed to register for another course until books are returned.
Link of E-resources
- Annual reviews http://www.annualreviews.org/
- African Journals online http://www.ajol.info/
- CambridgeUniversity press
- Gale http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/addisab?db=EAIM
- Jstor http://www.jstor.org/
- Oxford http://www.oxfordjournals.org/
- Sage http://www.sagepub.com/journalsIndex.nav
- Springer Lecture Note Series http://link.springer.com/
- Taylor and Francis http://www.tandfonline.com/
- Wiley Online Library http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/
- HINARI http://hinari.com /
P.o.box 23934 Code 1000, Ethiopian Graduate School of Theology, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Librarians are available during working hours of the school.